CrystalClear SapHGuard pH Buffer – 2 lbs. (CC011-2)
CrystalClear SapHGuard pH Buffer, when used as directed, will stabilize pond water pH and maintain buffering capacity between 80-240 ppm. Crystal Clear SapHGuard pH Buffer will help prevent wide pH swings which are common from dawn to dusk due to fish respiration and plant photosynthesis.
A properly buffered system resists changes in pH due to acid rain and other external factors. Alkalinity is also essential for bacteria to complete the nitrification process, which allows ammonia to be converted into nitrite and nitrate. A drastic change in pH may cause stress or even death in ornamental fish and plants. Safe pH ranges for pond fish and plants are 6.5-8.0. It is important to remember that pH is typically lowest at dawn and highest at dusk. Therefore, it is important to test your pond at the same time each day to measure results.
- Stabilizes pond water
- Helps prevent wide pH swings
- CrystalClear SapHGuard pH Buffer is safe for all aquatic life
- For garden pond use only
- Keep out of reach of children
- 2 lbs. treats up to 8,000 gallons
- 1/2 cup treats 1,000 gallons
- 1 cup treats 2,000 gallons
- 1-1/2 cups treat 3,000 gallons
- 2 cups treat 4,000 gallons
- 2-1/2 cups treat 5,000 gallons
It is always best to test the pond buffering capacity and pH first. If the buffering capacity reading is below 80-240 ppm, apply CrystalClear SapHGuard pH Buffer.