The pond de-icer I bought from your firm is spectacular. It has kept a breathing hole in the ice through what has been one of the coldest winters on record in New York. Without this de-icer, I would have NO fish left to be concerned with. Thanks for the prompt service.
Bill, Williston Park, NY
Thermo-Pond 3.0 100 Watt Pond De-Icer / Pond Heater (KH8001)
Thermo-Pond 3.0 is the third generation of the most efficient and advanced floating pond de-icer on the market. Thermo-Pond outperforms all other pond heaters and pond de-icers available. It maintains a hole in the pond ice to help the proper gas exchange take place on iced-over ponds to protect fish from toxic gas buildup. Use one Thermo-Pond 3.0 Pond De-Icer for every 1,000 gallons in your pond or 750 gallons if you have excessive plant decay or a heavy fish load.
- The Thermo-Pond Pond De-Icer maintains a hole in backyard pond ice for just pennies a day
- Can save up to $ 30 to $ 50 a month in electricity compared to “stock tank” style heaters – pays for itself in two months !
- Only 100 W power consumption
- Thermo-Pond floats on top of the water
- Thermostatically controlled never to get hot
- Completely safe when used with a pond liner or plastic pond
- PVC construction – no corrosion
- Fish friendly – assists the escape of toxic gases all winter long to help maintain a toxic-free environment for fish living under the ice
- Tested in northern Wisconsin at temperatures of 30° below zero Fahrenheit
- State-of-the-art thermostat: Faster and more effective response to temperature changes – increases the unit’s life by years
- Long thermostat variation: More “On” cycle time providing increased heat time
- Large heat radius: Creates a larger hole in the ice allowing pond owners to know it’s on at a glance
- Thermo-Pond has an oversized drip edge: Water will not come in contact with seal
- Advanced solvents: Insures a 100 % seal
- Convenient 12 foot power cord
- Leak-proof entry port: Two-part epoxy injected into the entry port eliminates possibility of leaks
- 1-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
- The Thermo-Pond 3.0 Pond De-Icer keeps water from freezing but will not maintain a constant, elevated water temperature
- The Thermo-Pond 3.0 Pond De-Icer is recommended for ponds up to 1,000 gallons – an additional Thermo-Pond 3.0 should be used for each additional 1,000 gallons of water – an additional pond de-icer should also be used in ponds requiring extra gas exchange due to excessive plant decay or large quantities of fish under the ice
- The Thermo-Pond 3.0 Pond De-Icer must be plugged in to a properly grounded and GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) protected 120 Volt outlet !
- The Thermo-Pond 3.0 Pond De-Icer is not approved for use in swimming pools or salt water
Just plug in your Thermo-Pond and float it in your pond dome side up. You should begin to use your Thermo-Pond when your pond has iced over. If the ice on your pond is more than 2 inches thick, drill a hole with an ice auger and place the Thermo-Pond over the hole. If the ice is only 1 or 2 inches thick, place Thermo-Pond on the ice and it will melt its way through. Do not chop through the ice as the shock waves can damage or kill your fish. Always keep safety your number one priority. Never walk on thin ice. Try to position your Thermo-Pond within arms reach off shore to avoid walking on thin ice. Snow and ice should be removed from the top of your heater. This pond heater is recommended for ponds up to 1,000 gallons. An additional Thermo-Pond should be used for each additional 1,000 gallons of water. An additional pond heater should also be used in ponds requiring extra gas exchange due to excessive plant decay or large quantities of fish under the ice.
After the winter season, wipe down your Thermo Pond with a damp cloth and store it in a clean dry place.
Ice will typically form up to the sides of the Thermo Pond. It will not harm or crush the unit. There is water under it which allows toxic gases to vent through the hole.
This is the hole created by the Thermo Pond. The best thing to do is to leave your Thermo Pond in place. Don’t move or disturb it during the winter.