Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator – 240 V Single-Phase
Introduce more oxygen faster with the Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator. The high-performance design of this aerator uses a single open propeller that creates and pushes water droplets into the air allowing efficient transfer of oxygen to the water. Agitation and movement created by the process spreads the oxygenated water throughout the body of water. The Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator can operate in as little as 20 inches of water. It is ideal for ponds/tanks with surface areas of about 2 acres.
The Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator is a self-contained unit that floats at the surface. With just three mooring lines anchoring the unit and a single power cord running to shore, the Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator is easily installed and maintained by a single person.
The Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator is available in a 240 Volt (60 Hz) Single-Phase model. All units come with a float, three 50 ft. mooring lines and a bottom screen. An optional control panel is also available.
Kasco Bottom Screen
Keeps debris and other material out and ensures proper operation of your unit
- The Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator ensures a lower overall operating cost while delivering an extremely high dissolved oxygen level. High-efficiency design means low power consumption and low operating costs.
- Low maintenance and dependable design.
- The Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator is manufactured with a hard-face internal mechanical seal for protection against leaks and is flood oil lubricated for excellent heat dissipation.
- The Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator features a corrosion resistant, stainless steel design which also makes it extremely dependable in salt water applications or other corrosive environments.
- An easily replaced protective sacrificial zinc anode is included with each unit.
- Safety Tested: ETL listed to UL and CSA Standards.
- The Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator increases fish growth and population density while providing efficient water and food circulation with little or no bottom turbulence.
- The Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator only requires a 20″ operating depth.
- Choice of Cord Lengths: SJTOW underwater rated power cord length options of 50′, 100′, 150′, 200′, 250′, 300′ or 400′.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- 3-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
- The Kasco 8400AF 2 HP Surface Aerator is not approved for use in swimming pools
- Kasco recommends a licensed electrician to install the control panel and the surface aerator
- No one should ever enter the water with electrical equipment in operation or even plugged into the control panel or outlet
- It is essential that the GFCI breaker is tested once a month to ensure proper operation
- Due to their size and/or weight, all models with power cords of 200 ft. and longer ship by truck freight only. Please be aware that our default freight charges do not apply. Truck freight charges are calculated individually based on the shipping destination and will be quoted after receipt of your order. Truck freight shipments will only be processed after receiving your final authorization and approval of the total charges.
|Kasco Marine Part Number||8400AF-BTMSCR|
|Pond Size||2 acres|
|Power Consumption||2,160 Watts|
|Minimum Water Depth Required||20″|
|Power Cord Lengths||50 ft., 100 ft., 150 ft., 200 ft., 250 ft., 300 ft. or 400 ft.|
|Weight||105 to 296 lbs. (depending on power cord length)|
|Control Panel Included||no, must be ordered separately|
|Bottom Screen Included||yes|
|Voltage||240 V, 60 Hz. Single-Phase|
Kasco C85 Control Panel (C-85)
A 20 Amp control panel featuring GFCI protection, a 24-hour timer for the unit being controlled and a second 24-hour timer for optional lighting. Surge protection, and a terminal block for hardwiring the equipment are included, all in a thermoplastic NEMA 3r/4x enclosure. The C-85 Control Panel requires a hard-wire connection to four leads (L1, L2, a neutral, and a ground) and must be installed by a qualified electrician.
Kasco C-220 Control Panel (C-220)
The new C-220 control panel works exclusively with our 3/4, 1 and 2 HP, 240 V surface aerators and allows you to easily control when your unit turns on and off. This control panel is a less expensive option as it does not control unit lighting. This UL listed, 20 Amp control panel features GFCI protection, 24-hour timer and field terminal connections for incoming power and aerator wiring, all inside a durable thermoplastic enclosure. If you wish to control unit lighting, see our C-85 control panel.
PDF File: Kasco 8400AF Surface Aerator Spec Sheet